Wednesday 27 October 2010

RVJ


Reflection
When working in your RVJ a reflection and what you are doing and have done will always help you develop an idea. This is so because when you look at what you have already done you will see the positives and negatives, which you wont necessarily; see when creating the idea on the page. So by analysing your work you will know what to include in the next development stage and what not to include.
For example in my RVJ I’ve looked at a few ideas and evaluated, what I did was I drew one Idea down look for its pros and cons. This process allowed me to come up with a few different options I could do for a final piece.
This meant the images I have could all be used to create the final image as all had their positive points and all had there negative. This shows that experiment and reflection on those experiments is of grate important, so that you can see the good and the bad, and improve upon the last. Because there is next a perfect out come.
Language
In a RVJ the use of language is very important because throughout, you need to use different types to create artwork. Because a visual representation wont tell you in later days or others about your thought processes. This then leads on to the fact that as human beings we don’t have the greatest of memories, so and Idea you had a month ago might be lost. So by writing down your ideas you can let your mind move onto the next idea. This leads to your mind being clear so that when you have to tackle two different projects you haven’t go two different brief’s and designs running at the same time.
Also by writing down your thoughts you can process your idea and see different directions to go; so for instance with the fusion brief I didn’t think about my final outcome (mythical creature made from two animals such as the griffin) till I thought about science and how they fuse different elements together to create a new element. By writing down my thoughts I managed to find a suitable format for my picture, a playing card and this wouldn’t have happened if I didn’t write down my thoughts an artist I was looking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment